Senior Regulatory Advisor, Brisbane
Education Level Min Requirements
: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent (minimum)
We are seeking an experienced Senior Regulator Advisor to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of engineers, delivering high quality power systems engineering projects, and maintaining technical excellence within the team.
At DIgSILENT Pacific, we pride ourselves on our positive and supportive work environment. We offer a hybrid working arrangement that allows our employees to work from home and in our office(s) as well as flexible working hours. Our team of highly motivated colleagues are passionate about their work and are always willing to share their knowledge and expertise.
The position of Senior Regulatory Advisor is to support regulatory, utility, generation and industry-based projects for our Clients.
The position will present a wide variety of technical challenges and will be mainly office based but with field testing as required.
The position of Senior Regulatory Advisor is highly competent at analysing the National Electricity Market (NEM) regulatory and market arrangements. Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the current regulatory and market arrangements in the national electricity market (NEM)..
- Engaging with the client and its stakeholders to analyse issues with the current arrangements and identify potential amendments.
- Consideration of the NEM regulatory arrangements in the context of the national electricity objective (NEO).
- Flexibility to lead or contribute to client’s consultation processes including the preparation of consultation and decision documents, stakeholder and internal workshops.
- Liaise with Client to define the scope of obtain information required for studies
- Liaise with AEMC, AEMO, AER, NSPs, market participants and other industry stakeholders and TNSP
- Balancing the technical, economic and legal aspects of the regulatory issue being considered, including consideration of the NEO.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Project prioritisation
We believe that it is important to have fun at work while maintaining a highly productive work environment. At DIgSILENT Pacific, we encourage our employees to participate in social events, team building activities and take time to celebrate our successes. DIgSILENT Pacific offers:
- Hybrid working arrangement (work from home and in our office(s))
- Flexible working hours
- An open, uncomplicated working environment with positive and motivated colleagues
- Access to international experts in the wider DIgSILENT group
- Scope to work on a variety of projects
- An opportunity to have fun at work while being highly productive
The person skills required for this Senior Engineer role include:
- Background in either consulting or a utility environment with relevant experience in power markets and management of associated regulatory matters
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent (minimum), honours or higher postgraduate degree is highly desirable
- Significant relevant industrial experience, at least 5 years (includes research activities)
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory arrangements in the NEM is essential
- An ability to work independently as well as with remote teams in other offices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach
- Be able and willing to travel both internationally and domestically (including to remote locations) to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances (e.g. if client changes scope/deliverables/timeline)
- A strong technical background with experience in managing and studying new connection applications to the NEM highly desirable
- Specialist skills in the areas listed above
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
Applicants MUST be Australian citizens or permanent residents without any restrictions to work in Australia.
- Location: This role is based in Brisbane, with a flexible hybrid work arrangement allowing for both office-based work and remote work-from-home opportunities.
- This role may require occasional travel.