PowerFactory 2019 SP2 released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2019 SP2 is now available for download and installation.
This service pack supports localisation of the user interface for various languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese and Turkish.
PowerFactory 2019 includes new and enhanced calculation functions and models, graphics and security features as well as performance improvements.
Major developments in PowerFactory 2019 are:
- UNIT COMMITMENT AND DISPATCH OPTIMISATION This new tool allows you to easily complement your traditional network simulation with a market simulation, without any need for an external tool. This new module solves the unit commitment problem over a predefined period of time, while optimising the operating point of the dispatched generators such to minimise overall operating costs.
- TIME-DOMAIN CO-SIMULATION This new feature achieves a major milestone, as it allows you to carry out a co-simulation using RMS and EMT models within the same tool, and even with individual time steps. In addition, the parallelisation of the time-domain simulation in PowerFactory 2019 considerably increases performance. Furthermore, it is possible to carry out a co-simulation with any third party simulation tool via a standardised interface.
- HOSTING CAPACITY This new tool allows the identification of the amount of generation and consumption that can be connected to distribution feeders without violation of system constraints and without any network expansion. Hence given a performance or system robustness index, the function can automatically identify the hosting capacity of the feeder and report the results according to various criteria.
- DATA SECURITY Additional features, such as new password security rules, authentication modes, idle session time-out and privacy settings, to support your compliance with general data protection regulations.
Further significant enhancements include:
- P-Q diagrams of distance starting units
- Introduction of a fast AC linearised Contingency Analysis method
- Additional graphical representations for sites and bays
- Improved Layers concept for diagrams
- User-Deﬁned Classes, extending the existing Data Extensions concept
- New combined instrument (current and voltage) transformer model
- New series surge arrester model
- Developments for the modelling of saturation and hysteresis curves
- HVDC model enhancements for reverse power ﬂow
- Support of Python 3.7
PowerFactory 2019 SP2 is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2019", which is also available for download. Selected highlights are presented in our What’s New Video.
As usual, you will find all detailed information in the user manual and supporting technical documentation that is delivered with the software.
DIgSILENT wishes you continuing success with DIgSILENT PowerFactory.