PowerFactory 2019 BETA released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2019 BETA is now available for download and installation.
In the new annual version PowerFactory 2019, major new calculation functions have been developed: Unit Commitment for optimising generation scheduling and dispatch, a Co-simulation function for RMS and EMT simulations and a Hosting Capacity function for the analysis of distribution networks.
Importantly for both us and our users, a range of additional data security enhancements is delivered, combining robust functionality with sufﬁcient ﬂexibility to enable users to meet their own data security requirements.
Many aspects of network data handling, graphical representations and network analysis have been enhanced with new features and options. A number of new models have been developed, and existing models extended.
The significant developments for PowerFactory 2019 include:
- New "Unit Commitment" function (not yet available in beta version), for optimising generation scheduling and dispatch over a period of time
- New "Co-simulation" function, offering new possibilities for RMS and EMT simulations
- New "Hosting Capacity" function, for the analysis of potential new generation and demand connections in distribution networks
- Improved Layers concept for diagrams
- Additional graphical representations for sites and bays
- P-Q diagrams of distance starting units
- Simulation snapshot saving for subsequent analysis
- User-Deﬁned Classes, extending the existing Data Extensions concept
- Introduction of a fast AC linearised Contingency Analysis method
- New combined instrument (current and voltage) transformer model
- New series surge arrester model
- Developments for the modelling of saturation and hysteresis curves
- HVDC model enhancements for reverse power ﬂow
- Support of single sign-on using Active Directory
- Improved options for user password management
- Idle session time-out feature, for data security and licence availability
- Audit log, aimed at the administrators of multi-user databases
- Support of Python 3.7
PowerFactory 2019 BETA is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "What's New in PowerFactory 2019", which is also available for download.
The new and improved models and functions in PowerFactory 2019 continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains an ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.
DIgSILENT wishes you continuing success with DIgSILENT PowerFactory.