PowerFactory 2018 SP4 released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2018 SP4 is now available for download and installation.
This update includes, among others, a series of new and revised application examples, including explanatory video material.
This new service pack comes with a series of fixes and improvements. For details please refer to the corresponding Release Notes. It supports localisation of the user interface for various languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Turkish and Russian.
PowerFactory 2018 includes major new developments in functionality, such as the introduction of Probabilistic Analysis, Remedial Action Schemes in Contingency Analysis, Data Extensions and new tools for Protection analysis.
PowerFactory 2018 also comes with new and improved interface functions including a PSS®SINCAL data import converter and a Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations.
There has been an emphasis on usability, in particular a restructuring of the Global Library and the introduction of versioning, enabling all models including protection device models to be included in the Library. The plots functionality has been redesigned, there are improvements to the data colouring methodology and a new graphic search option is available.
The significant developments for PowerFactory 2018 include:
- New module “Probabilistic Analysis”, incorporating very powerful capabilities for managing stochastic parameters based on distribution curves and their correlations
- New Distance Protection Reach Colouring in diagrams and a new Short-Circuit Sweep plot
- New Remedial Action Schemes (RAS) in Contingency Analysis, for flexible and dynamic analysis of postfault actions
- New Frequency Response Analysis of dynamic models
- New Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations, based on IEEE C37.118
- Simulation snapshot saving for subsequent analysis
- Improved visualisation of the results of Modal Analysis in network diagrams
- Enhanced Cable System Analysis with improved cable layout modelling
- Revision of Equipment Type Library with new versioning concept
- Extension of the Type Library by all supported protection devices
- New and improved models including Multi-Core Cables, Thyristor Controlled Series Capacitor and HVDC Line Commutated Converter, enhancements of PWM converter (MMC with full-bridge technology)
- New Data (Model) Extension concept, opening up new possibilities for user customisation with user-defined attributes
- Powerful graphic search option for network elements in diagrams, including geographic search
- Improved plot handling, including user-friendly plot insert option
- Revised data colouring scheme to provide a better visualisation of parameters with characteristics and distributions
- New PSS®/SINCAL data import converter
PowerFactory 2018 SP4 is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "PowerFactory 2018 - What's New", which is also available for download. Furthermore, you will find a "Video Webinar" presenting a selection of PowerFactory 2018 highlights. Please click here to watch the video.
Support of previous versions:
DIgSILENT will actively continue supporting the two previous major versions PowerFactory 2017 and 2016 . At the same time, DIgSILENT officially discontinue the preceding version PowerFactory 15.2 and will not provide any further service packs to this former version.
DIgSILENT wishes you continuing success with DIgSILENT PowerFactory.