PowerFactory 2018 released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2018 is now available for download and installation.
Major new developments in functionality include the introduction of Probabilistic Analysis, Remedial Action Schemes in Contingency Analysis, Data Extensions and new tools for Protection analysis.
PowerFactory 2018 also comes with new and improved interface functions including a PSS®SINCAL data import converter and a Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations.
There has been an emphasis on usability, in particular a restructuring of the Global Library and the introduction of versioning, enabling all models including protection device models to be included in the Library. The plots functionality has been redesigned, there are improvements to the data colouring methodology and a new graphic search option is available.
The significant developments include:
- New module “Probabilistic Analysis”, incorporating very powerful capabilities for managing stochastic parameters based on distribution curves and their correlations
- New Distance Protection Reach Colouring in diagrams and a new Short-Circuit Sweep plot
- New Remedial Action Schemes in Contingency Analysis, for flexible and dynamic analysis of postfault actions
- New Frequency Response Analysis of dynamic models
- New Plant and Grid Performance Monitor to support real-time data streaming for RMS simulations, based on IEEE C37.118
- Simulation snapshot saving for subsequent analysis
- Improved visualisation of the results of Modal Analysis
- Enhanced Cable System Analysis with improved cable layout modelling
- Revision of Equipment Type Library with new versioning concept
- Inclusion of the complete set of Protection devices in the library
- New and improved models including Multi-Core Cables, Thyristor Controlled Series Capacitor and HVDC Line Commutated Converter
- New Data (Model) Extension concept, opening up new possibilities for user customisation with user-defined attributes
- Powerful graphic search option for network elements in diagrams, including geographic search
- Improved plot nomenclature and handling, including user-friendly plot insert option
- Revised data colouring scheme to provide a better visualisation of data status such as characteristics and distributions
- New PSS®SINCAL data import converter
The new and improved models and functions in PowerFactory 2018 continue the process of enhancement and development which ensures that PowerFactory remains an ideal tool for a wide range of network planning and operational studies, from small micro-grids to large transmission and distribution networks, including HVDC and renewable technologies.
PowerFactory 2018 is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "PowerFactory 2018 - What's New", which is also available for download.