Power Systems Engineers, Perth
Education Level Min Requirements
: BEng Electrical Engineering
DIgSILENT Pacific has offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth. The Perth office was opened 16 years ago and have a built a solid local reputation for engineering excellence in leveraging and supporting our software and hardware platforms and consulting across the electricity utility and mining sectors.
We have multiple roles available in Perth for Graduates through to Principal Power Systems Engineers.
We offer full-time permanent employment to energetic engineers to support our utility and industrial/mining clients across the WA/NT region but also with interstate opportunities via our other offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. The work will present a wide variety of technical challenges and will be mainly office-based but also involve occasional field campaigns to client sites nationally and regionally in Oceania and Asia.
Projects that you will encounter in this position include power system modelling, de-carbonisation of generation, electrification of transport sectors, deployment of large scale battery storage and regulatory aspects for new connections, and also could include:
- Power system and advisory studies in emerging regional markets
- Analysis relating to design compliance to safety and technical standards
- Hands on access to equipment for data recording and compliance testing
- Planning projects at distribution and transmission level
- Studies related to renewable and conventional generation
- Development of advanced power system monitoring solutions
- Data management and large scale software integration of PowerFactory tools
- Development of dynamic controller models in PowerFactory
- Dynamic stability simulations and analysis
- GPS compliance assessment and R2 model validation site testing
DIgSILENT Pacific offers:
- An open, uncomplicated and diverse working environment with positive and motivated colleagues
- Flexible working arrangements over the long term
- Access to international experts in the wider DIgSILENT group
- Access to advanced training and all software features in PowerFactory
- Scope to work on a variety of projects with high technical content
- Opportunity for access to in-house electrical laboratory and testing facilities for multifunctional monitors and protection equipment
- An opportunity to have fun at work while being highly productive
- Opportunities to continue post-graduate studies in your preferred field
- A competitive remuneration package
A background in either consulting or a utility environment with relevant experience in power markets and management of associated regulatory matters are minimum requirements. The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Experience and keen interest in PowerFactory software
- An analytical and pragmatic approach in problem solving
- Extremely strong in Python programming and other automation and scripting languages
- Knowledge of regulatory arrangements in WEM, NWIS and mining standards.
- A strong technical background in power systems
- An ability to work independently as well as with remote teams in our other offices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach
- Be able and willing to travel domestically to client sites and between DIgSILENT Pacific offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
Applicants MUST be Australian citizens or permanent residents without any restrictions to work in Australia.
** This role may require occasional travel. **