PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 3 released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 3 is now available for download and installation.
This new service pack comes with a series of fixes and improvements. For details please refer to the corresponding Release Notes..
In PowerFactory 2017 a range of improvements have been made to the handling and data management with a series of additional convenience functions. The new version also comes with a series of enhancements to the network diagrams and graphic representation tools. A special focus in development has been on the various analysis function capabilities of PowerFactory. This includes a number of new power equipment models and extensions to existing ones. Most notably, further modelling flexibility has been provided with the inclusion of user-defined models for load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation.
PowerFactory 2017 product highlights include among others:
- Enhanced Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of feeders and branches, protection device layout, as well as auto-layout of site and substation diagrams.
- Output window redesigned to be interactive, with flexible filter functionality.
- Add-on Modules: new framework for user-extendable function scope including fully integrated result representation.
- New Project Combination and Connection Assistant.
- New and enhanced Power Equipment Models: harmonic filters, busbar trunking systems, voltage regulator, 4-w transformer, power freq. control using merit order.
- New QDSL modelling language: User-definable load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation models.
- IEC60909 Update - 2016 edition.
- New Protection Audit validation tool for protection settings and configurations.
- Connection Request Assessment: BDEW 2008 and VDE AR-N-4105 guidelines.
- New optimisation methods for Tie Open Point and Phase Balance Optimisation: genetic algorithms and simulated annealing.
- Extended failure models and power restoration strategies for Reliability Analysis.
- New Outage Planning module.
- Extension of simulation scan by Fault Ride Through verification.
- IEC 61400-2-27 interface for external dynamic models.
- CGMES interface: functional extensions and performance improvements.
- New FGH/Integral export function.
PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 3 is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "PowerFactory 2017 - What's New", which is also available for download.