PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 2 released
DIgSILENT Pacific is pleased to announce that PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 2 is now available for download and installation.
With this service pack, the User Manual has been made available in the languages English, German, and French. Regarding the localization of the user interface, installation options are available for the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Turkish. The service pack comes with a series of fixes and minor enhancements. Please refer to the Release Notes for details. In particular, we want to highlight that, among others, this version includes the IEC 60909 method according to the latest edition release from 2016.
In PowerFactory 2017 a range of improvements have been made to the handling and data management with a series of additional convenience functions. The new version also comes with a series of enhancements to the network diagrams and graphic representation tools. A special focus in development has been on the various analysis function capabilities of PowerFactory. This includes a number of new power equipment models and extensions to existing ones. Most notably, further modelling flexibility has been provided with the inclusion of user-defined models for load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation.
PowerFactory 2017 product highlights include among others:
- Enhanced Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of feeders and branches, protection device layout, as well as auto-layout of site and substation diagrams.
- Output window redesigned to be interactive, with flexible filter functionality.
- Add-on Modules: new framework for user-extendable function scope including fully integrated result representation.
- New Project Combination and Connection Assistant.
- New and enhanced Power Equipment Models: harmonic filters, busbar trunking systems, voltage regulator, 4-w transformer, power freq. control using merit order.
- New QDSL modelling language: User-definable load flow and quasi-dynamic simulation models.
- IEC60909 Update - 2016 edition (available in upcoming Service Pack).
- New Protection Audit validation tool for protection settings and configurations.
- Connection Request Assessment: BDEW 2008 and VDE AR-N-4105 guidelines.
- New optimisation methods for Tie Open Point and Phase Balance Optimisation: genetic algorithms and simulated annealing.
- Extended failure models and power restoration strategies for Reliability Analysis.
- New Outage Planning module.
- Extension of simulation scan by Fault Ride Through verification.
- IEC 61400-2-27 interface for external dynamic models.
- CGMES interface: functional extensions and performance improvements.
- New FGH/Integral export function.
PowerFactory 2017 Service Pack 2 is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with valid guarantee/maintenance. More information can be found in the document "PowerFactory 2017 - What's New", which is also available for download.