PowerFactory 2016 and Service Pack 1 released
The PowerFactory 2016 release by DIgSILENT brings a portfolio of new capabilities and features for improved visualisation and graphical representation. It integrates a variety of new models and provides a multitude of calculation performance improvements using advanced parallelisation techniques. The new look of PowerFactory 2016 makes handling more intuitive and improves workflow.
PowerFactory 2016 product highlights include, among others:
- New Network Model Manager with grouping and filter functionality
- Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of network diagrams
- Integration of plots in network diagrams
- View Bookmarks for improved navigation
- Significantly improved performance by new parallelisation features as well as Task Automation command
- QV Curves Calculation as new Transmission Network Tool
- Phase Balance Optimisation as new Distribution Network Tool
- Improved Reliability Assessment by Contribution to Indices
- Cable Ampacity calculation based on IEC 60287 or Neher-McGrath method
- Network reduction method based on REI equivalents
- New Frequency Analysis tool including Prony Analysis
- Enhanced electrical models such as extended synchronous machine models, power electronic converter models (MMC, HVDC Control Modes), and a new Universal Line Model (ULM), etc.
- New convenient functions for plots (statistic labels, moving/sliding and compression, digital signal plots, fault recorder view, etc.)
- Compliance with ENTSO-E Profile CGMES based on CIM 16
PowerFactory 2016 and PowerFactory 2016 SP1 are now available to all users with a valid maintenance agreement.
The licensing technology has changed in PowerFactory 2016, meaning that it will not automatically work with the old USB hardlocks held by customers using PowerFactory 15.x and previous versions. Therefore, customers who wish to move from former versions to PowerFactory 2016 must apply to migrate their former licenses. Note that with the installation of a “legacy licence” component, it will still be possible to run your old PowerFactory v15.x installation, using the new licence.
For more detailed information or to apply for migration to PowerFactory 2016 via the contact form, please visit DIgSILENT GmbH.
For those customers who have already migrated, the new service pack PowerFactory 2016 SP1 is available through the DIgSILENT Download Area.