DIgSILENT NEM Compliance Paper Presented at the 2012 PowerDist "Power Control and Protection Conference"
Tony Bertes of DIgSILENT Pacific was recently invited to present at PowerDist's 2012 "Power Control and Protection Conference" (PCPC). The PCPC, hosted by PowerDist and Basler Electric in Melbourne, was a three day conference discussing excitation systems, synchronising, generator protection systems and power system stability.
The presentation discussed compliance with respect to excitation systems and power system stabilisers. Attendees were provided an insight to:
- The National Electricity Market (NEM) and associated bodies (AEMC, AER, AEMO) and the National Electricity Rules;
- Why compliance is required;
- The process of achieving compliance and applying to connect a new or upgraded excitation system;
- Compliance and R2 testing; and
- The ongoing requirements for compliance testing.
The presentation was aimed to raise awareness of compliance and was well received by the 42 guests in attendance. The presentation can be found here.
For further information on excitation systems and the PCPC conference, please also visit the PowerDist website.