1. Policy Statement
This Human Rights Policy defines DIgSILENT Pacific's objectives in relation to its interactions with the community and the way it treats people. It summarises our responsibilities and commitments to people and the environment, guiding the day-to-day actions of our employees and business partners. As an enginnering consultancy firm our responsibility includes both the direct impact of our business.
The Human Rights Policy is an integral part of our business decision making process - it helps attract and retain employees and provides a competitive edge with clients.
2. Aims and Objectives
Respect for human rights is fundamental to the sustainability of DIgSILENT Pacific and our business partners. We will treat our own people with dignity and respect and we expect our business partners to do the same.
We consider Human Rights as an important aspect of our business and our commitment to behave ethically. To achieve this, we aim to:
- Operate a company that offers safe and secure workplaces that are free from violence, harassment and intimidation. Employees will benefit from policy safeguards and management practices that will maintain respect for employee privacy and dignity.
- Comply with all applicable local and national industrial laws, regulations, statutory obligations, award, agreements and National and State codes of practice and guidelines.
- Provide secure, safe and healthy workplaces. Maintain a productive workplace by minimising the risk of accidents, injury, and exposure to health risks.
- Identify, prevent, and mitigate adverse human rights impacts resulting from or caused by our business activities.
- Undertake projects that contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of our employees, their families, the local community and society at large.
- Avoid engaging with or using products developed by companies or organisations that might utilise child labour; forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour
- Value diversity and recruit on the basis of qualifications, performance, skills and experience. We have a commitment to diversity in our workforce and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind, across a number of matters, including but not limited to; age, gender, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, impairment, pregnancy and breastfeeding. We actively work to deliver a safe, secure and fair working environment, free from harassment, for all employees.
- Support the concept of a sustainable company having sustainable growth to the benefit of the community we serve.
The management of DIgSILENT Pacific will:
- Adopt the highest standard of business ethics, transparency and honesty in dealing with all stakeholders, by effectively communicating key messages, strategy and performance, as well as ensuring our supplier selection process reflects high standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply all policies and procedures in an equitable and fair manner, regardless of position.
- Actively support renewable energy projects and provide a software tool with functionality especially developed for the modelling of renewable generation projects.
- Actively promote the health of its employees with pre-emptive discussions about wellness and mental health and providing opportunities for personal and professional development.
4. Guidance and Reporting for Employees
DIgSILENT Pacific values open and honest communications between all employees.
If an employee believes that there is a conflict between this policy and any outcomes in the workplace, or that this policy in some way is not consistent with the laws or customs applicable to their workplace, the employee should raise their concerns with their direct manager. In the event that there is a potential issue with this process, the employee can communicate with any other manager within DIgSILENT Pacific.
Employees are encouraged to report any suspected violations of this policy and DIgSILENT Pacific will review and investigate the matter, taking the objectives of this policy into account.
No action will be taken against an employee for raising and reporting concerns under this policy.
5. Review and Continual Improvement
As with all DIgSILENT Pacific policies, this policy shall be reviewed at least once every two years, to ensure it continues to meet the needs of DIgSILENT Pacific and its stakeholders.