DIgSILENT Pacific is seeking the service of a highly competent electrical power systems engineer to support our Brisbane office. We are seeking to offer full-time employment to an energetic and well-qualified engineer to support utility, generation and industry based projects. The work will present a wide variety of technical challenges and will be mainly office based but with field components when required.
Projects that you will encounter in this position include power system modelling, regulatory aspects for new connections and market development, and could include:
- Power system and market advisory studies in emerging regional markets
- Planning projects at distribution and transmission level
- Studies related to renewable and conventional generation
- Development of advanced power system monitoring solutions
- Data management and large scale software integration of PowerFactory tools
- Development of dynamic controller models in PowerFactory software
- Dynamic stability simulations and analysis
DIgSILENT Pacific offers:
- An open, uncomplicated working environment with positive and motivated colleagues
- Access to international experts in the wider DIgSILENT group
- Scope to work on a variety of projects
- An opportunity to have fun at work while being highly productive
A background in either consulting or a utility environment with relevant experience in power markets and management of associated regulatory matters are minimum requirements. The successful candidate will have:
- Specialist skills in the areas listed above
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory arrangements in the NEM is mandatory
- A strong technical background with experience in managing and studying new connection applications to the NEM highly desirable
- An ability to work independently as well as with remote teams in our other offices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach
- Be able and willing to travel both internationally and domestically (including to remote locations) to perform assigned tasks.
Applicants MUST be Australian or New Zealand citizens with CP Eng registration.
Your contact person: Tim George